Mold removal can turn out costly and complex to treat, especially when you don’t know what you’re dealing with. Mold testing requires a lot of experience, extensive training, and specialized equipment and tools. And in many cases, when mold inspectors are engineers, they are not required to be licensed; however, they should still follow industry-recognized protocols established by professional organizations like the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienist (ACGIH) or the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA). As we have a commitment to helping people make informed decisions in regards to their living quality in Georgia, we have collected a series of characteristics you should look for when choosing a Mold Testing Company:
- The type of mold testing they perform: Ask about the kind of testing they perform and if they test air quality too. Depending on the type of test, it can determine how much mold is present in the air, one of the best types is Air-O-Cell testing.
- Certified and trained workers: A reputable mold testing company in Georgia, should have certified and trained technicians or engineers.
- Knowledge of buildings, roofing, HVAC systems and other related things where you can most likely find mold
- Lab results interpretation and work experience in investigating and taking mold samples
- Reporting and turnaround time: Ask about the types of reports they offer. The report should include the findings, supporting photos, maintenance tips, and an action plan on how to deal with the issues.
Do they do Air-O-Cell Testing?
This is a unique air sampling cassette designed for the rapid collection of mold and other allergens and can lead to better results. This type of testing is more precise. It also includes identification and quantification of viable and non-viable mold spores as well as airborne particulates such as cellulose, soil, gypsum, insulation fibers, and skin cells.
At Air Allergen & Mold Testing, you can find qualified mold inspectors who have been performing lab testing for several years in Georgia. We are equipped to analyze bulk, swab tape, dust samples, and air samples. We also perform a test for mold using carpet dust samples, which not all mold testing labs do, this can be important for initial mold testing laboratory results or when dealing with mold that might have been present for a long time. You can also send your mold sample to our labs via mail, we’ve worked with many institutions, homeowners, contractors, and more.