Due to the danger asbestos exposure represents, and to the numerous houses containing asbestos materials in Georgia, asbestos or demolition surveys are required. The demolition survey is intended to determine if the demolition is likely to cause asbestos fibers to become airborne.
An inspection is performed to the property and different samples are collected, to later study them in a lab. At Air Allergen & Mold Testing we are experts at detecting asbestos and work with the most advanced lab to help us determine the percentage of asbestos in the samples collected.
What happens if you don’t perform the demolition survey?
- Your demolition plans could be denied, and your project’s timing will be affected.
- Your workers, you and the people that leave with you could be affected. Asbestos is not only harmful to the people who have direct exposure, but also passively on the family members of the asbestos-exposed person.
- If you are lucky enough and still get the demolition approved, you will have to treat all the materials as if they contained asbestos. And the special treatment of this type of material receives is much more expensive than regular disposal.
Be responsible with you, your family and the workers. When asbestos-containing materials are identified in an asbestos survey, they can be removed and disposed of appropriately by an asbestos abatement company, and the balance of the material can be disposed of in a regular landfill.
We Offer Asbestos Surveys For:
- Homeowners that want to make sure they are safe from asbestos exposure
- Houses or commercial building that need to be remodeled or demolished
- Contractors that want to make sure their workers are not at risk
- When needing to compile with federal government procedures