Ventilation and indoor air quality influence significantly in our health, many health symptoms like allergies and asthma can be a consequence of poor indoor air quality. According to doctors, most of the things that cause problems are odorless. Plus, the indoor air quality during winter tends to be worse, as there’s no flow of fresh air from outside, allowing allergens to develop inside.
To effectively reduce the number of allergens and improve the indoor air quality, it’s essential to perform an indoor air quality inspection. At Air Allergen & Mold Testing, we’ve been performing Indoor Air Inspections for several years in Tampa, FL. During the investigation, different samples of air, dust, water, and surfaces are taken to determine the existence and levels of allergens, mold, bacteria, or chemicals.
What does Indoor Air Quality Inspection Include?
Depending on the type of report you choose, some of the things we include are:
- A table of contents and information about how the report is organized for ease of reading and understanding.
- What is identified in the lab analysis for each sample and the quantity
- Guidelines and charts to interpret lab analysis for each type of sample
- The significance of the sample results
- The inspector’s observations for each sampled area
- Suggestions to improve the inspected areas when appropriate
- Guidance for maintaining future indoor air quality
- Concluding remarks and cautions
- Information about how guidelines are established.
- Remediation guidance and safety precautions if there is any remediation considered
- Studies in support of good indoor air quality
- Each microbial lab report includes one or more microphotographs of their findings in the samples
With the report, it’ll be easier to eliminate sources of pollution so you can make the appropriate changes.
Other strategies to improve your Indoor Air Quality are:
- Vacuum often and get rid of anything that can accumulate water and develop mold
- Change frequently your air filters
- Let fresh air in when possible and if needed invest in an air purifier
If you’d like to know more about the different Air Quality Inspection options we have for Tampa and the pricing, you can check our pricing page. Other gases and material analyses not listed on that page are also available, so feel free to call us for a no-obligation consultation at 770-938-4861.