The signs of mold infestation in your home may not be as obvious as seen on the foodstuff. Even the most sparkling-clean, spotless homes can have mold lurking in different spots.
When infested in your house, mold releases small spores in the air. If left unattended or untreated, mold can grow and multiply quickly, causing serious health issues for you and your family and structural damage to the home.
Is there any soggy, musty odor like the smell of old books emitting from your walls or floors? This stench could result from chemicals or mold volatile organic compounds (MVOCs) released during the mold growth life cycle. It’s a surefire symptom that there is mold exposure in your home.
Carpets and rugs are at high risk of becoming a growing ground for mold in your house. Pay close attention to the stains, odors, and spots on the carpeted areas. If you notice mold speciation, it is essential to check both sides of your carpet and padding.
Any place in your home prone to moisture, such as the water heater closet, can encourage mold growth. Water heaters are situated in hard-to-reach places in the house, so any leaks may go unnoticed. To avoid a mold issue resulting from any leaky water tank, you must check for condensation on the walls and floor of the heater.
Certain mold species release a damaging substance called mycotoxin, which triggers respiratory problems, especially for people with allergies and asthma. If you find yourself coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose, or feelings fatigued any time of the year, it’s time to have a mold analysis in your home.
Are you fighting a cough or cold for a very long time now? Prolonged mold exposure can aggravate respiratory diseases such as persistent or recurring pneumonia and bronchitis. If you notice other mold problems in your home, professionals must treat them immediately.